Dear RentMen visitors, Adam_Biltmore chose to answer 16 interview questions that were last updated on 01 Apr 2023
- If you and I were on the beach having some wine and great food, what would you tell me about yourself.I’m sorry, when I read this question my eyes do somersaults 🙄…
I’ve never sat on the beach with a glass of wine. The beach is for tequila, rum or beer. And as far as food is concerned, BBQ is the only great food appropriate for a beach day. I’d tell you to jump in the water with me and save all of the romantic talk for the bedroom.
- If you have to pick one thing that everyone else should absolutely know about you, what would it be?I’m too complex to be reduced to a single piece of information.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do in your spare time?I’m very meticulous about having a clutter-free and pristine space to live and work in. So, whenever I have spare time I like to clean and organize my life. I try not to be too anal about it, and while I won’t let a mess sit for long, I don’t let a mess interfere with my happiness.
- Tell us what you consider to be your greatest life experience.Going to college and studying music was among the best experiences I’ve had in my life. It was a time of intellectual growth when I was able to focus solely on the subject I love the most. Additionally, it was a very social time in my life. During this period I was active in many groups where I was able to easily meet people and make friends. It is a time in my life that I look back on fondly.
- How do you go that ‘extra mile' in your life?I don’t consider a task “complete” until I’m satisfied with the results. I’m my worst critic, so if I’m not satisfied I know there is more that I can do to be better. In terms of going the extra mile in relationships, I am not afraid to admit when I’m wrong and will always seek forgiveness by admitting fault and saying “I’m sorry”.
- Name 5 things that you can’t live without.Music, boys, In-n-Out, leather, cigarettes.
- What do you do for fun?Look for trouble! Bad boys know how to have fun! ;)
In all seriousness, I’m blessed with a profession that allows me to do the things I would normally do for fun: Having sex, traveling, and being social. In addition to those activities, I love to sing as a wholesome hobby. When I’m feeling lucky, I love to visit the nearest casino for a risky thrill.
- What makes you stand out from the crowd?I find that connecting with people nowadays often leaves much to be desired. Most interactions are “surface level”, and lack depth and vulnerability. These are things that I look for when trying to connect with a new person. I am interested in what makes an individual uniquely “them”. I enjoy intellectual conversation that goes beyond the typical topics of sex, occupation, and “how’s the weather today?” With me, what you see is what you get; not because I remain on the surface with my connections, but because I’m not ashamed to show who I am as a person - the whole me, good and bad - shamelessly, and with reckless abandon. I am this way, because I’d rather have someone like me for who I am rather than the person I am pretending to be. I am an open book with my friends and with my family, and I’m not afraid to let people know, for instance, what I do for a living. Therefore, I’m liberated from the burden of living with guilt. More importantly, I figure that if someone doesn’t accept me in my entirety, then good riddance to them! The ones that matter will stick around and love me unconditionally.
- What are your greatest personal traits?My greatest attribute is my mind and it’s ability to think - independently of bias or influence by the opinions of other people, and with a rationale that is born out of a proclivity to examine, to analyze, and to critically scrutinize details and information - and to express my thoughts in a cohesive, direct and clear manner. It is the primary reason I decided (in my former life) to become a teacher.
- What is your ‘niche’?Connecting with people on an individual and personal level is what I consider to be “my specialty”. I’ve been told by many that I possess the unique ability to “make [them] feel like they are the only person in the room” (which, I suppose, can sometimes be a problem if we are in a group setting, lol!).
- How often do you travel? Do you prefer to travel or you are more of a homebody?I love to travel, and do so whenever the opportunity presents itself. It’s one of the reasons I love this job so much: it offers me the chance to explore new destinations all the time, and I’ve been lucky to have had the chance to see many new parts of the country I’d otherwise never get the chance to see. Just last year alone I traveled to Pennsylvania, Washington DC, New York, New Jersey, South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia - all states I had never been previously. This year, I hope to experience the world-at-large by working in London, and I already have a trip planned to Miami at the end of January, 2023.
- What kind of diet and fitness regiment do you follow?I eat whatever my body is craving at the time. I’m extremely active and work out daily, so I don’t find it necessary to deny my body of anything it wants. That being said, protein is the one thing I make sure to always get enough of every day. I’m constantly drinking protein shakes to make sure I meet my intake goals for the day.
- What’s your lifestyle? What makes you who you are?I lead an active lifestyle, with fitness as the cornerstone of my daily routine. I find that when I begin my day with a work-out, my mind is better prepared to handle any challenges that comes its way. The endorphins that I receive from exercising boost my confidence level and help me look at my day in a more positive respect. As someone who struggles with bipolar disorder, this physical fitness regiment is an essential component in a wider holistic approach that I’ve adopted to stabilize my mood, which can fluctuate day by day. I’m always looking for a gym buddy, so hit me up if you’d like to join me sometime!
- What would you like your followers to know about you that is unique and even a bit personal?I’m sensitive.
I bruise easily when it comes to my feelings. This is a characteristic that I find to be a vulnerability at times. People have criticized me in the past for caring too much, showing emotion, and letting things/people upset me. I’ve been working on adopting more of a “roll-with-the-punches” type of approach when it comes to dealing with my sensitive nature.
- What should others absolutely know about you?I’m confrontational.
That word seems to have a negative connotation, but I find it to be a positive trait. Rather than let an uncomfortable situation fester to a boiling point, I address the things that are bothering me with the people in question so as to move past the issue. Some people may see that as inciting conflict, but I see it as a necessary trait in order to avoid conflict from arising.
- What do you enjoy most about yourself?My capacity for love and forgiveness.
I’ve always valued the people who come into my life, and I try to not take anything or anyone for granted. I know I’m not perfect; I make mistakes all the time. If I want my loved ones to forgive me when I fall short of their expectations, the best practice is to be that person in the world for someone else when they have disappointed me. At the end of the day, it’s the relationships you foster with the people you love that matter the most - not material things.